Alo-Ha, the signature cocktail for the Best of Taste Bash 2015, combines New Amsterdam Vodka, Polly & Joan's Hand-Crafted Pineapple Cordial, fresh squeezed lime juice, and vanilla bean simple syrup, making for a deliciously fruity and refreshing creation to celebrate all the 2015 Best of TASTE winners!
Developed by food & beverage consultant Michele Duval.
Makes 1 serving
1 1/2 oz. New Amsterdam Vodka
1/2 oz. Polly & Joan's Hand-Crafted Pineapple Cordial
1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lime juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean simple syrup
Vanilla Bean Simple Syrup:
1/2 c. water
1/2 c. organic sugar
1/4 vanilla bean pod
1. Put water and sugar in small saucepan.
2. Split vanilla pod and scrape out inside of vanilla beans. Add scrapings and pod to saucepan.
3. Cook on high until just boiling. Remove from heat and let cool. Will keep in refrigerator in glass jar for 2 weeks.
1. Place ice in shaker.
2. Add all ingredients and shake.
3. Strain into Martini glass.
Optional: May be garnished with slice of fresh pineapple or sprig of mint.